Disaster Public Assistance Program Available To Local Governments and Non-Profit Organizations

July 17, 2020

Disaster Public Assistance Program Available To Local Governments and Non-Profit Organizations  The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is still accepting grant applications through the FEMA Public Assistance Grant Program, tasked to provide support to local governments, non-profit entities, and faith based organizations still struggling with recovery from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.   The FEMA Public Assistance (PA) Grant Program is a reimbursement program that provides federal funding to communities responding to and recovering from disasters such as the COVID-19 Pandemic. Local governments, states, tribes, territories and certain private non-profit organizations are eligible to apply through the FEMA Public Assistance Program, Organizations and Entities may be eligible reimbursement of costs related specifically to emergency protective measures. Assistance provided through the Public Assistance Program is subject to a 75% maximum, with the remaining 25% the responsibility of the applicant. All expenses must be directly linked and documented as COVID-19 related.   For COVID-19 Declaration Guidance, Eligibility Assistance, and Application Resources, along with steps to request access to the FEMA Grants Portal please visit:  https://www.tn.gov/tema/emergency-community/covid-19-guidance.html

Eligible Applicants include:  

- State, Territorial, and Indian Tribal Governments - Local Governments to include Counties, Cities, Towns, Boroughs, and Townships

- Local Public Authorities

- Municipal School Districts - Intrastate Districts

- Councils of Governments - Private Non-profit Entities 

 - Regional and Interstate Government Entities - Agencies or Extensions of Local Governments

- State-Recognized Tribes

- Special Districts Recognized Under State Law

 More information on Private Non-Profit and Faith Based Organizations:Fact Sheet for COVID-19 and Private Nonprofit Organizations.  Facilities established or primarily used for political, athletic, recreational, vocational, or academic training, conferences, or similar activities are not eligible.

  For additional questions, please contact the Shelby County Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency at covid19resources@shelbycountytn.gov or Covidpa@tn.gov.  Assistance can also be found by calling TN Emergency Management Agency at 615-741-0001 or the Federal Emergency Management Agency at 202-646-2500. End Release