June 5th Storm Update
June 5, 2017
Storm Damage Update
* The Shelby County Office of Preparedness continues to coordinate the storm response effort with the Memphis Office of Emergency Management.
* The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency is also assisting.
What’s new since the last update?
* 1,800 MLGW customers are without power. Outages: 1-800-268-8648.
* MLGW crews are being assisted by more than 100 utility companies to help restore power.
* See attached storm damage map.
* The Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) continued the joint Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA) in the City of Memphis and Shelby County for federal Public Assistance.
* The categories of Public Assistance include work or repairs for debris removal, emergency protective measures, roads and bridges, water control facilities, buildings and equipment, utilities, and recreational facilities.
· Just whether there will be FEMA Individual Assistance funds is not yet known.
· Damage assessments are still being done on homes and businesses.
· Those results will be forwarded to TEMA once they’re completed.
Roadside Debris Removal
· Both Memphis Public Works and Shelby County Public works crews are hauling away tree debris that blocked roads.
· Lots of trees were pushed the curbsides to allow vehicles to pass.
· Debris removal will take several weeks.
Resources for Storm Victims
(End of Update)
Mayor’s Action Center-Shelby County, TN - Official Website - Report A Concern<http://www.shelbycountytn.gov/index.aspx?NID=1512>